August 31st – September 2nd
Novotel Brighton Le Sands, Sydney
DEBRA Australia would like to invite you to the Sixth National Conference and Kids Camp 2018. This fantastic opportunity only comes around every two to three years. DEBRA appreciate there may be a financial strain to attend, so for families living with EB the registration fee has been heavily subsidised to minimise costs involved.
A brief outline of the event includes:
Friday 31st August
- Arrive at the hotel by 1pm
- A boat cruise on Sydney Harbour will be organised mid-afternoon to do some sightseeing and get the opportunity to meet other families. A bus will be available at 1pm from the Novotel Brighton le Sands to transport participating families to Circular Quay for the 2.30pm boat ride. Check in to the hotel can be done on return from the boat ride.
- Casual meet and greet dinner at 6.30pm overlooking the bay to welcome everyone.
Saturday 1st September
- Parents and guests attend the full day conference from 9am to learn from national and international guest speakers. Workshops will be held in the afternoon discussing hands on wound care dressing products and techniques and podiatry. Trade displays will be also be available during breaks to see what EB products are available.
- Meanwhile the children go out for the day with our lovely handpicked volunteers and nurses to visit some of Sydney’s great attractions at Sea Life, Wild Life and Madam Tussauds. There is also a toddler’s room for the little ones not attending the excursion.
- Saturday night there will be a two course dinner held with guest speakers and music from the DJ to dance the night away.
Sunday 2nd September
- From 9.40am parents and guests attend the half day conference to learn more about EB, DEBRA Australia and DEBRA International.Morning tea 9.40am and conference begins at 10am.
- Onsite activities will be held for the children which include a magic show and learning magic tricks. The toddler’s room will also be in use this morning with fun activities.
- At midday a farewell lunch will finish off the conference and camp before everyone departs.
This conference and camp is a great opportunity to attend and network with other families and learn all things EB. The children have an amazing time and make lifelong friendships. For any extended family also wishing to attend, the cost has also been subsidised but at a lower rate.