DEBRA Australia Membership
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP OF DEBRA AUSTRALIA LIMITED
2016 – 2017
The Company, DEBRA Australia Limited is a not-for-profit Company Limited by Guarantee which acts as the Trustee for DEBRA Australia which is established for the charitable objects outlined below:
- Promote the prevention and or the control of Epidermolysis Bullosa in all its forms;
- Promote research into the cause, nature, and treatment of Epidermolysis Bullosa in all its forms;
- Relieve physical and mental distress amongst persons suffering from Epidermolysis Bullosa by the provision of practical advice, guidance, and support and in such other ways as the Trustee determines.
- Generally promote the health of groups of people who are suffering from Epidermolysis Bullosa;
- Provide education about and promote personal lifestyles which relieve persons suffering from Epidermolysis Bullosa:
- Assist people in households affected by Epidermolysis Bullosa by providing material, emotional and social support;
- Encourage, assist, monitor and promote medical and scientific research into the causes prevention and cure of Epidermolysis Bullosa; and
- Promote and encourage self-help groups of people affected by Epidermolysis Bullosa.
Benefits, Rights and Responsibilities of Membership:
- All members are entitled to attend General Meetings, either in person or by proxy, and vote on any occasion when a vote of members is required. This includes, but is not limited to, the election of Directors at the Annual General Meeting of the Company.
- Members will be eligible to receive newsletters, invitations to events, information regarding grants and other relevant information from time to time however since membership is free members are encouraged to also become subscribers to DEBRA Australia as this $10 fee assists to defray costs of distribution etc.
- All the rights and responsibilities of members are outlined in sections 3, 4 and 5 of the Memorandum of Association of DEBRA Australia Limited.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
(as per the Memorandum of Association, DEBRA Australia Limited):
- The membership year for DEBRA Australia Limited is 1st July to 30th June each year.
- All applications are subject to the approval of the Board of Directors.
- The Company reserves the right to decline the membership of a person that the Board of Directors considers may be in conflict with the Objectives of the Company or in any other way an unsuitable applicant.
- Persons who are undischarged bankrupts, insolvent or are making an arrangement or composition with creditors of the person’s joint or separate estate generally, or who is of unsound mind, or who is, or whose estate is, liable to be dealt with in any way under a law relating to mental health are not eligible for membership.
- Cost of membership for the 2016 – 2017 financial year is free (no cost). The membership term is 1st July 2016 to 30th June 2017 (or part thereof).
- Members must agree to sign the Member Guarantee as per the Memorandum of Association and required by law under the conditions of registration of a not-for-profit Company Limited by Guarantee.
- Applications may only be made by individuals over the age of 18 years.
By signing this form, as a member of DEBRA Australia Limited I agree:
- To support the objects of the organisation as stated above.
- To be bound by the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the company and any other rules, by-laws, policies or other standards prescribed by the Directors from time to time.
- To the Member’s Guarantee required in the Memorandum of Association as outlined below.
- To promptly notify the Company of any change in my personal details and/or circumstances as recorded in the register of Members (these details are those completed below by you.)
GUARANTEE BY MEMBERS
Clause 5 of the Memorandum of Association of the company DEBRA Australia Limited reads:
‘Every member of the Company undertakes to contribute to the assets of the Company if it is wound up while the member is a member, or within one year after the member ceases to be a member, for payment of the debts and liabilities of the Company contracted before the member ceases to be a member and of the costs, charges and expenses of winding up and for adjustment of the rights of the contributories among themselves, any amount required not exceeding $10.’